Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spice Loaf

This has no nutritional benefits.....I just thought it would taste good.....and I was bored and needed something to bake : )


1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (see....no nutrition...)
1/2 sugar substitute
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup olive oil buttery spread
1/2 cup egg substitute (or 2 egg whites)
2/3 cup fat free milk
cooking spray














Combine and mix flour, sugar substitute, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Mix in butter spread. Mix in egg whites and milk.














Pour (and I mean "pour" --since it is extremely liquidy) into a greased baking pan. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool.














How was it?

Was it supposed to rise? I don't know--but mine didn't. So it is much more like a dessert bar than a breakfast bread that one would put butter on (I would never do that of course). 

The spice is delightfully mild. My mother raved about the flavor. It's not something my step-father would eat...

Socks for the day.... (I wish these were mine!)


















Recipe adapted from The Healthy College Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment