Friday, March 11, 2011

Homemade Dried-Apples

Using my parents' new dehydrator!



Apples
Source of citric acid: orange juice or lemon juice or lime juice














Use a core-er to remove core from apples. Eat core--oh wait--that is just what I do. Hey--its healthy for you.

Slice apples into desired shape.

Marinate for a few minutes in liquid citric acid.














Place on dehydrator racks. Dehydrate until desired dryness.












We left our on for about 8 hours.














The final product....

More of an apple chip than the mushy gushy dried apples. I like them, but they are easier to binge on.

My socks for the day:














I bought these in Indonesia. Because of the heat, the most commonly worn footwear is the sandal. But what happens when you walk into an air-conditioned building? With these socks, your feet will be warm AND fashionable!

No comments:

Post a Comment