Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fish Casserole

This recipe was supposed to be "stuffed fish," but I made too much stuffing, so it became a casserole.


2 medium carrots, shredded
1 medium onion, chopped
a chunk of home-made black bread, cubed
1 can diced tomatoes
6 small white mushrooms
1/2 small cucumber, chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon dillweed
pepper
4 fillets cod
2 fillets tillapia
1/8 teaspoon paprika
cooking spray



In greased pan, saute carrots and onion.














In bowl, combine bread, tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumber, salt, dillweed, and pepper.

Place 3 fillets on bottom of greased casserole dish.















Pour stuffing on top.















Place remaining 3 fillets on top of stuffing. Sprinkle with paprika.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 55 minutes (I think my toaster oven does not circulate heat well.)

How was it?

Okay. It was good I guess, but nothing jumped out.

I accidentally made my mother break her lent, because black bread is made with cocoa powder. She gave up chocolate....

As I mentioned, I believe the fish would take much less time to bake in a conventional oven.

Sockies..... (My mother's actually)














Recipe adapted from.....a cooking magazine that I no longer have, and I do not remember the name of.....sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment