Friday, March 25, 2011

Leftover Snack Mush

Okay, so I wanted to use up my (almost full) container of tahini because it is absolutely DISGUSTING. Tahini is made of ground sesame seeds. It has a very bitter flavor. I also wanted to use up some of the products in the house that I have been binging on. So here is what I came up with.



*Note: all amounts are approximated since I just poured stuff in the bowl*
15 ounces tahini
1 cup whole grain flake cereal
1/2 cup dried fat free milk
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup honey
2 homemade spice bars
1 think slice homemade black bread
1 chunk homemade pumpkin bread
1 medium carrot, shredded


Mix all ingredients in bowl.















Try a taste and decided it needs to be even sweeter to drown out the bitter tahini. Add carrot. Stir in.















Separate into baggies. Shape into balls if desired.















How does it taste?

Still bitter. But better than straight tahini. I gave some to my Dad. (And I told him to throw it out if he doesn't like it.)

Socks:



















Recipe adapted from The Healthy College Cookbook

2 comments:

  1. I didn't think they were that bitter. _I'm the dad that she gave some to: I just want to say that I thoroughly enjoyed both the flavor and the consistency - not to mention the health benefits. I suggested to Jaime that some people actually enjoy some of the more bitter flavors. I do believe it is an acquired taste, but truthfully, I thought these tahini based snacks were quite good! My compliments to the chef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dad : ) I must admit that I have been somewhat enjoying them as well. They are....different. And that adds some excitement for the mouth.

    ReplyDelete