Friday, January 18, 2013

Borrowed Words

Tonight I was overwhelmed with emotion to the extent that I had difficulty putting my own words to my feelings. So in order to help rediscover myself, I turned to the words of others. These are the two collages that I made tonight. They would have been one single collage, but I didn't have a big enough board to paste to.

As I look at my collages, I realize that the words I chose where encouraging words. Words to remind me where I have come from and where I want to go. So the words do not reflect my emotions; rather, they reveal a response to my emotions. Therefore, I can assume that I was feeling lonely, dark, overwhelmed, weighed down, confused, and sad.
Thank you, God, that you have given me a mind and a spirit that recognizes deadly cycles and quickly tries to turn things around. I suppose I must give credit to the Holy Spirit within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment