Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Homemade Applesauce

For my mother...



6 Gala apples
3/4 cup water
apple pie spice










 



So I've been house-sitting for my grandparents, and I found this awesome-looking apple-peeler-corer-slicer. And it was even more awesome to use!!











 


Stab apple at one end. Turn crank. Simple as that!


The slicer, slices the apples in a corkscrew manner.














So I then chopped the apples the rest of the way.

Combine water and apples in saucepan. Cook covered for 10 minutes on medium heat. Then cook covered for another 20 minutes on high heat.














Mash with potato-masher.














Add apple pie spice to taste. Apple pie spice contains cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.

So how was it?

DELICIOUS! Because I used Gala apples, the applesauce was naturally sweet. And it felt decadent to eat the applesauce warm.

Socks..... (I'm adding a bunch of these on one day.....and I am only going to wear one pair of socks....)

No comments:

Post a Comment