Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Zucchini Bread

Not the healthiest bread...but I wanted to use up some frozen zucchini. I also tried to make it a bit healthier (part whole-wheat and part sugar-substitute).



2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
3/4 cup egg substitute
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup sugar substitute
1 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups sliced zucchini
1 cup shelled walnuts
cooking spray















Slightly process zucchini and walnuts in a food processor.


Combine ingredients in an electric mixer in the order listed (omitting the cooking spray).





























Grease 2 loaf pans. Pour mixture into them.















Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Cool on rack.

The result?

Very moist. Probably too moist. I think it was the extra liquid that resulted because my zucchini was frozen. It could also be the sugar substitute--but I am not convinced that that is the culprit.

Flavor is also good. Typical of any zucchini bread.

P.S. I didn't binge on it : )

Sexy socks (not mine--but I wish they were):

















Recipe adapted from Beard on Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment