Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pizza Loaf

A filled-bread dinner.


1 frozen whole-wheat bread loaf, allowed to rise until even with rims of loaf pan
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1/4 cup fat-free grated cheese
3 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed and chopped
1/2 cup cocktail sauce
1 slice light swiss cheese, chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped
2 strips homemade beef jerky, chopped
1/4 cup shredded pizza cheese (mozzarella and provolone)
1 1/2 tablespoons fat-free ricotta cheese
dried oregano
dried basil
black pepper
extra flour
cooking spray
















Mix all ingredients (except dough, flour, and cooking spray) in a bowl.
















Roll dough on a floured surface until it is approximately 7x15 inches.
















Spread mixture on top of dough. Leave a 1 inch rim.















Roll width-wise (to make pinwheels if sliced).
















Place in a loaf pan coated with cooking spray. (I know--I made mine too long)
















Allow to rise. Bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes. (It mega-expanded on me!)



How was it?

Much better than I thought it would be given that I completely made up the filling. There was a variety of textures. The cocktail sauce and the sun-dried tomatoes gave the filling a slightly tart flavor. The bread was very soft. The filling was so heavy that it was falling out.

The only unfortunate part: I gave myself permission to binge on it since it wouldn't have lasted as a left-over. Stupid Jaime.

Sockies....I couldn't resist this picture. If only I had this many sock-loving friends!














Recipe majorly adapted from Beard on Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment