Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Everything Loaf

Here is a loaf of bread that is a mixture between a bread and a dessert loaf.


2 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup chopped pineapple
4 egg whites
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup margarine
6 oz white grape peach juice from concentrate
3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup chopped dates
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
cooking spray














Still using my grandmother's kitchen, and using ingredients found in her house.....

Mix in order given (except cooking spray). Grease two 5x9 inch loaf pans with cooking spray. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 50 minutes. Check for doneness with toothpick. If toothpick comes out clean, loaf is done.

So.....the taste....?

Interesting. There was no sugar added so the bread was not as sweet as I was expecting. It is very moist--probably because of all the FAT--I do not like cooking with solid lipids, but I decided to give it a try this time.

For some reason, one of the loaves would not come out of the pan. So I ended up breaking it. All well, it all ends up in the stomach anyway.


I got smart about the whole binging thing this time. I cut the loaves into smaller pieces. I then place two pieces in individual baggies. Finally, I placed them in the freezer! This way I will have to plan ahead in order to eat the bread. And the worst I can do in a binging mood is eat two pieces instead of the whole loaf.













   
Another type of sock.....















 Recipe adapted from The Saturday Evening Post Family Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment